Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting Back To It

It feels wonderful to know I've still got it. "Got what?" you may ask. You know: IT.

After the demand for my Sushi Roll Pillows almost exceeded my human capability of production during the 2009 holiday season, I closed the Zombie Hand shop for a short hiatus. Now that Chaz and I have moved from Colorado, been on vacation to see family in Florida and are now settled here in North Carolina I've finally started the process to open things up again.

Back to the fact that I still have IT. I finished my first pillow today in almost three months. I didn't realize how much my product I was attached to until I saw the result today. But the very best part of all this: I managed to tweak the design into the ultimate pillow.

I've also gone through Etsy and updated certain policies, created a whole new banner and trimmed the proverbial fat. Getting things done feels good, especially after being disconnected.

I learned a lot of things from the holidays last year. The most important little nugget of knowledge, however, was to have inventory. So that's where I'm at right now. Knitting in between interning here on the farm. [Concerning Mountain Farm, I am going to do a weekly post on all of the things happening here alongside of Zombie Hand news].

I've also decided to start a new feature on my blog which I plan to reveal A.S.A.P. I'm not too sure when that is exactly, but when I know, all of you will know, too.

In the meantime, enjoy this glorious picture of the Black Mountains:


No comments:

Post a Comment