Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Days, New Ventures!

I am starting an offshoot line under this production company. I will continue to make my sushi roll pillows on a custom order basis, but I feel it is time to move on from beyond just knitting. As an artist, I feel I'm ready to expand my skill set from yarn arts to sewing, woodworking and metal-smithing!

The first I would like to tackle is sewing. I have a vision of making handbags, pocketbooks and carryalls durable enough to outlast any apocalyptic scenario but use only upcycled and eco-friendly materials to do it.

I already have tons of designs sketched out. They're scattered over anything that will sit still and covering any open inch of available wall space. From what shape they'll be to material reuse ideas, I've got ideas coming out my yin-yang [didn't know I had a yin-yang did ya?]

This is the latest information I've got for ya, kiddos. Keep coming back to check out the progress and as always, if you have questions or comments, I love to hear 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment