Sunday, September 19, 2010

Part Of The Cat Is Out Of The Bag!

As posted in the Zombie Hand Productions shop last night, part of the Secret Sushi Project is complete. I've started a line of plushies created using vegan yarn and Eco-fi felt. The felt is a material made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic water bottles! The series will include the "topping" made from the Eco-fi felt with hand-stitched detailing and stuffed with polyfil. The "rice" and "nori" are both knitted and then all components are assembled and lovingly sewed together.

A real piece of Tako Nigiri Sushi

My crafty vegan plushie take on Tako

The first four pieces are all Nigiri Sushi [literally 'hand-formed sushi'] consisting of a mound of sushi rice and then draped with a topping. Toppings are bound to the rice with a thin strip of nori. For my very first item, I chose to create Tako or Octopus. The other three Nigiri pieces will be in production soon! These will all be listed in my new section:
The other parts of the cat still in the bag will also be in production soon, if not already. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now so I'm staying busy and having fun creating which is what all of this is about.
As for the Twin Peaks series, I'm learning that by watching more and more of the second season I think I'm in turn liking it more and more. We'll see though. Don't want to jump the gun on any split-second opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment